2010. december 16., csütörtök

Adam Freeland - ClashMusic DJ Mix Podcast (Dec. 2010)


A ClashMusic oldalnak készített egy mixet Freeland, illetve válaszolt pár rövid kérdésükre is.

Clash: Tell us about the mood of the mix:

Adam Freeland: I did the mix the day the heavens opened and dumped a foot of snow on Brighton. That icy cold made me crave warmth, so going deep into tribal African territory felt like the natural thing to do. So it’s a mixture of stuff I’m playing in my live DJ sets at the moment, from the likes of Trentemøller, Scuba, Ramadanman, Logo, SBTRKT, Black Van, Max Cooper etc. That sounds like quite a schizophrenic selection, but the tribal rhythm, percussion and chants chopped into the mix I think really tie the flow together.

C: Favourite track from the mix?

AF: Subway, ‘DBO’, I think makes a real epic statement of intent as an intro.

C: What makes a good remix, for you personally?

AF: There’s no rule. I was going to say a remix which takes the original and embellishes and distills its qualities, but I realised that some of my favourite remixes have been of tracks that have hardly even acknowledged the original.

C: What do you have planned for 2011?

AF: Collaborating. I just really want to work with other peers and artists at the moment. I’m working on lots of different projects, from stoner shoegaze drone-rock stuff to some more dancefloor analogue-drenched stuff. I’ll be producing an album for one of my all-time favorite artists. This year I’ve started a new project with Paul Hartnoll of Orbital, we haven’t got round to deciding on a name yet...

Adam Freeland - ClashMusic DJ Mix Podcast (Dec. 2010)

Tracklista:
1. Subway - DBO - (Deadly People)
2. Scuba -You Got me (I got you) - (Hotflush)
3. Alter Ego - Jolly Joker [Supermayer remix] (Klang Elektronik)
4. Ramadanman + Appleblim - Void 23 (Aus Music)
5. Trentemøller - Silver Surfer, Ghost rider go!!! [Trentemøller remix] (IN MY ROOM )
6. Breach - Fatherless [Doc Daneeka’s MRR SNRZZ remix] (PTN)
7. Archie Bronson Outfit - Chunk [6th Borough Project remix] (Domino)
8. Emmanuel Jal – Kuar [Olof Dreijer remix] (Innervisions)
9. SBTRKT + Sampha - Break Off (Ramp)
10. Space Ranger - Chocolate Bar (Plimsoll)
11. Logo - la vie Moderene (Kitsuné)
12. Om Unit - Searching [Adam Freeland remix] (Stretched)
13. Black Van - Moments of Excellence (Permanent Vacation)
14. Max Cooper - Enveloped (Traum)

Nincsenek megjegyzések: